Ep 228: 9 Tips you Need to Know When Travelling as a Vegan with Brighde Reed of World Vegan Travel
The travel episode you've all been waiting for! Brighde Reed of World Vegan Travel is here to give us all the tips you'll ever need for fun, delicious vegan travel. Brighde is a passionate vegan and advocate for animals, and in today’s episode, she comes with so many tips for vegan travel, resources, websites, apps, translating tips when travelling, and practical tips to help you navigate your adventures as a vegan with confidence. Who better, than the person behind organizing what are, at least to my knowledge, the most high end, spectacularly planned, luxury vegan travel tours and experiences out there, including exploring the beauty of Tuscany, Christmas markets in France, seeing mountain gorillas in Rwanda, going on safari in Botswana and more.
She also talks about:
- Finding vegan friendly hotels, resorts and accommodations.
- How to talk about your vegan diet when ordering at restaurants and when booking hotels.
- How to find delicious vegan food while travelling and nearby vegan restaurants.
- How to use social media to find vegan food near you.
- Why travel guides aren't always the most up to date with vegan recommendations while travelling, and where to find these.
- How to get over the fear of advocating for yourself and asking for a vegan dish or vegan substitutions at restaurants and hotels.
- How you don't have to plan your trips alone and the options available to you so all you have to do is pack your bags.
- How to find vegan food city tours.
- Much more.
Brighde spent her formative years in the UK and Australia before her desire to travel took over. The next five years were spent leading group tours for an Australian company around Southeast Asia, France and Morocco. She met fellow tour guide Seb in Marrakech, where they fell madly in love, and a couple of years later they discovered veganism together. She became passionate about promoting the vegan message as an activist.
Widely travelled for both work and fun, one of her most important jobs at World Vegan Travel is ensuring the vegan food on their trips is second to none. She also makes sure everyone has enough treats throughout the day, and organizes the infamous trivia sessions during their final day’s parties.
You can connect with Brighde through Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube (as World Vegan Travel on all platforms) and through her website. Don’t forget to check out her wonderful weekly podcast The World Vegan Travel Podcast for even more tips and resources like the ones she gives in this episode, plus guests sharing about their trips around the world, the vegan restaurants they've tried while travelling, and much more.
Our sponsor for today's show:
Etsy shop Green and Experience: Natural and Reusable Vegan and Cruelty Free Hemp Dryer Balls - get 10% off your purchase by using promo code: BROWNBLE10
For all the other links mentioned in today's episode, click here.