One of the most frequently asked questions I receive is what do you eat on a daily basis as a vegan. For me it's a no brainer since I actually have more variety in my diet now than before I was vegan, but I completely understand how this can be a complete mystery to someone eating a standard meat centered diet. I can understand it because I was once that person that thought all vegetarians and vegans ate were beans and rice. Breakfast especially can seem daunting if you are anything like I was, a bacon and egg breakfast eater all the way. Today I'm de-mystifying vegan breakfasts for you, and trust me it's quite possibly the easiest meal to veganize with just a couple of adjustments. It's also a meal in which you'll get to eat vegan versions of your favorites more than you ever thought possible.
Today I'm giving you 14 amazing breakfast ideas that are healthy, filling and simply delicious, two to choose from for every day of the week!
Another thing that is very important when it comes to looking at a weekly meal plan like this one, is that you should never think you need to plan for a different meal every day! So many people spend their lives having almost the same 2 or 3 breakfasts and that's ok too (I personally have oats or a smoothie almost every single day!). What I like to do is have several favorites and vary up some of the ingredients to ensure ample nutrition and variety, and I keep the more elaborate dishes for brunch with friends or the weekends when I have more time to cook. This is also my secret way to balance out the naughty and healthy. Remember we're striving for balance here, and I like to start my day with the healthiest meal possible. If I start it full of sugar or with pastries that have a ton of refined starches, my day is simply not the same. I crash mid-morning and I overdo it at lunch time, often continuing the unhealthy eating cycle well into the rest of the day.
Whether you're a savory breakfast eater, or have a total sweet tooth first thing in the morning, I'm sure you'll find some yummies in the list below.
What do the symbols stand for?
Just so that everyone can have easy access to the recipes, I've marked them with a "YT" which means they are part of our youtube recipes available to everyone (click the letters to go to the recipe!), and an "MB" which means they are part of My Brownble, our online program. Some are pretty self explanatory and need no recipe at all!
- Overnight oats with your favorite toppings (MB) (berries, other fruits, nuts and/ or seeds) + coffe or tea
- Banana, cinnamon porridge topped with fresh banana, strawberries, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, and almond butter
Green with envy
- Protein packed kale and pineapple green smoothie (MB)
- Whole wheat toast with mashed avocado, lime juice, a sprinkle of turmeric, salt and pepper, cilantro to top + red grapes or your favorite fruit + coffee or tea
- Perfect and hot off the oven poppy seed beer buns (MB) with non-dairy butter and preserves + coffee or tea
- Classic oatmeal porridge with almond butter, raisins, coconut milk, fresh raspberries and seeds + tea
Eat the rainbow
- Tofu scramble with a ton of veggies, skillet hash browns and toast tips with mashed avocado (MB) + orange juice, coffee or tea
- Almond, coconut or soy yogurt topped with blueberries, blackberries, pomegranate seeds, banana slices and granola (choose a natural variety with little added sugars)
Happy breakfast making!
Are there any favorites of yours that were not on this list? Share them with us in the comments below!
You might also like...
Our Program and Courses
Don't miss our weekly goodies!
Our best FREE content straight to your inbox