As many of you know, I was born and raised in Venezuela, and in my quest to recreate some of my hometown dessert recipes, so many of them required making vegan sweetened condensed milk. Although there are cans of vegan condensed milk available in some vegan stores, they can be hard to find and in my opinion, not as great as making vegan condensed milk at home.
Today I bring you my favorite recipe for it using just 3 ingredients!
To make this delicious vegan pantry staple that can then be used for so many vegan dessert recipes, you need to make it one day in advance, as it needs to chill and set overnight in the fridge to achieve the proper texture and its typical off white color.
This vegan condensed milk can then be used for making vegan flan, lemon tarts, cheesecakes, vegan tres leches cake, and so much more.
I hope you love this one! It takes a while to cook on the stove, but you can set it and just whisk it every half hour or so, until it’s ready.
Enjoy the video, printable and recipe below!
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 pinches of salt
1. In a medium sized pot, whisk together the coconut milk, maple syrup and salt.
2. Bring the mixture up to a boil (being careful so that it doesn't overflow). As soon as it starts boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 1 & 1/2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so, to ensure it isn't sticking to the bottom of the pot.
3. Let cool slightly, then place it in an air-tight container in the fridge overnight.
4. Your sweetened condensed milk should be very thick and should have turned an off-white color. You are now ready to use it as part of any other recipe that calls for condensed milk!
You might also like...
Our Program and Courses
Don't miss our weekly goodies!
Our best FREE content straight to your inbox