We're introducing you to our quick fix videos today!
Quick fixes are precisely that, quick recipes that require no measuring, which are meant to serve as inspiration for making delicious meals without relying on a strict recipe. Learning how to cook by instinct is so important, and once you've practiced it a bit, you'll even find yourself improving recipes that do need to be measured. I love cooking this way, since it requires far less time due to the fact that there's no measuring and you can let your imagination run wild.
This dish in particular is so easy to make and it's absolutely beautiful! We fill it with any leftover whole grains you may have (I love quinoa or bulgur wheat), some pine nuts or any other nut, and some dried cranberries or raisins. We love adding toppings to it as well, such as marinara sauce or pesto.
Enjoy the video, recipe and printable below!
QUICK FIX: STUFFED, ROASTED RED PEPPER
Red bell pepper
Dried cranberries or raisins
Pine nuts or your favorite nut
Possible extra ingredients:
Fresh chopped tomatoes and some chopped spinach
Marinara sauce or pesto for serving
(just omit them from the steps if only using the main ingredients)
Quick and Easy Directions:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Carefully slice the top off a red bell pepper and remove the core and seeds.
- Place the bell pepper (standing up) and the sliced top in an oven proof baking dish and roast until slightly golden and more pliable. You still want it to retain its shape and remain standing.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on high heat and add a drizzle of a high-heat oil.
- Add your pine nuts and toss them frequently, making sure not to burn them but just toast them lightly.
- Add in your leftover cooked grains (brown rice, couscous, bulgur wheat, quinoa, or whatever you like) and the cranberries or raisins and toss frequently.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- If using fresh tomatoes and spinach, toss them with the warm grain mixture at this point.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture and serve. You may top your stuffed pepper with some marinara sauce or pesto if desired, and enjoy!
Remember we have a ton more of these quick fix videos as part of our online membership program. Perfect for busy days during the week.
Do you have any other ideas for fillings for a roasted red pepper?
What do you like to fill them with? Let us know in the comment section below!
You might also like...
Our Program and Courses
Don't miss our weekly goodies!
Our best FREE content straight to your inbox