It's finally time for me to share one of my go-to healthy weekly snacks with you. I'm talking about delicious and high protein crepes made with... wait for it... chickpea flour! That's right! These are refined flour free, and we're adding some healthy fats in the form of nut butters for that perfect protein+healthy fats combo that is so important for feeling satisfied and especially for hormonal health in women.
I simply love these crepes because they totally hit the spot when you're craving something sweet but you want to avoid a richer dessert. These can be made sweet with the nut butter, banana and a drizzle of agave or maple syrup, or you can also make them savory! At the end of the video I'm giving you a ton of delicious ideas for serving these, from tacos to hummus and veggie wraps and more.
This recipe makes about 10 crepes, and I love making a batch on Sundays and storing them in an airtight container in the fridge for a quick grab and go snack. All you need to do is warm them up in a pan or in the oven for just a couple of minutes and then add any of your favorite toppings. They are so simple to make it's insane!
I could go on and on about these babies but I won't, so here's your video, recipe and printable below! Don't forget to show us your photos when you make them using the #brownble, and if you come up with a delicious topping combination leave it in the comment section below!
CHICKPEA CREPES WITH NUT BUTTER AND BANANA
Yield: About 10 crepes ⎮ Prep time: 5 minutes ⎮ Cook time: 15 minutes
For the crepes:
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Some high heat oil for the pan (canola oil, sunflower, safflower etc)
Additions for the savory kind:
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- A few cracks of pepper
Additions for the sweet kind:
- 1/4teaspoon cinnamon
- Your favorite nut butter
- Banana slices
- Sunflower seeds
- Agave or maple syrup for drizzling on top
- A dash of cinnamon
- Combine the chickpea flour, flaxseeds and sea salt in a bowl.
- Add the water and olive oil and whisk well until combined.
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the additions for the savory or sweet varieties. If making both, separate the batter in half and add the oregano and pepper to one, and the cinnamon to the other.
- Heat a non-stick or crepe pan on medium-high heat (make sure to lower it as you make more batches since the pan will get hotter with time).
- Add some high heat oil with a paper towel to coat, and pour some of the batter in the center.
- Quickly spread it to form a round crepe or pancake.
- When you see that it is slightly golden on the bottom and has become opaque and is set, flip and cook until golden on the other side. This process happens really quickly so keep a watchful eye on them.
- Remove the crepe and set it on a plate and continue with your remaining batter. Feel free to wipe the pan with oil again if you feel the batter is sticking.
- To serve, spread some nut butter on the crepe, top with the banana slices, sunflower seeds and drizzle with agave and add a dash of cinnamon.
- Store your remaining crepes in an air-tight container in the fridge and warm them up in a pan and use them throughout the week!
You might also like...
Our Program and Courses
Don't miss our weekly goodies!
Our best FREE content straight to your inbox